Sunday, May 2, 2010

Once Upon A Time...

... there was a pushing-thirty yr old chick who loved romance novels so she thought she'd sit down to write one.

Cue me.

*waves*

Helloooo, cliché.

Well, without further adieu, welcome to my new blog and my new beginning!


I find myself most comfortable with contemporary romance, but some (lotta) times I take meanders into erotica. I like it hot. And dirty. With a bit of humor. And a lot of steam.

There are currently 3 projects on the go, 2 novels and a short, and I'm hoping to finish up and polish the short to submit it for consideration within the next 2 months (gotta put a deadline on my goals or they tend drag out into oblivion).


Thanks to some wonderful Diva support (holla!), the process will be considerably less painful than if I'd greened it on my own.

I can only imagine the magnitude of the inevitable trip up: a slightly chubby chick with crazy eyes and fly-away auburn hair pinwheeling backwards through the "Reject" door, where she promptly curls up in the fetal position to die of utter embarrassment.


*cringe*

Pretty, ain't it.


Which brings me to my point. I think. Anyway. I know getting the big "R" is a right of passage, blah blah blah, and I know it's going to happen (and lots), but before I set myself up for failure, I'm going to absorb every little iota of advice from anyone who will give it to me.

Enter frequent visits to Divadom.

I don't deal with failure very well.


*shifty crazy eyes*

*blink*blink*

Oh, right. Point.

This blog will be dedicated, like so many others before, to the journey into finding the magical Emerald City where a story is given the stamp of approval and a writer gets to squee publicly about her pretty cover. Although, let's be upfront - I'm not promising that there won't be plenty of straw-brained and fraidy-cat days or that I won't seize up and stall out occasionally.

So, let's take the trip.

PS: I'll tell you right now that Ima bit of a flake, and will prolly forget to post blog updates more than once or twice a week, but I'm giving it a shot so I hope you bear with!

No comments:

Post a Comment