Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cent Cinquante

cientos cincuenta

εκατό πενήντα

hundert fünfzig

cem cinqüênta

sto padesát


It doesn't matter what language it's written in, my writing goal doesn't change: One Hundred and Fifty words a day.

Piece of cake, right?

Well, take into consideration that the quality of these words matters a great deal to me. I very rarely turn off my internal editor, preferring to write a clean draft and avoid a lot of editing rather than a dirty draft and angst over the phrasing later.

The time to write those primo words may be a little as twenty minutes, or, if I'm having a hard time concentrating or it's a tough part of a scene, it make take me an hour and a half. Carving out that kind of time is the real challenge for me.


So far, though, I've made count 6 out of 7 days this past week. and I skipped yesterday only because it was a crazy-busy day and I knew I'd be hitting RD chat tonight to make up for it.

I'm rather happy with my progress. It's a realistic, achievable goal and I'M DOING IT!!

Because I plan on keeping up with the one post a week commitment I made to myself (did I forget to mention that to you?) I am going to add an accountability line every time I blog. You'll be able to make sure I'm maintaining that 150/day resolution :)

Voila!

Forgiveness - 11,000 11,915/85,000?

No comments:

Post a Comment